Memorandum of Understanding
Tokyo Helen Keller Association (hereafter called THKA) and Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind (hereafter called NAWB) have agreed to support for the education of three children (hereafter called three Children) of Late Mr. Krishna Lal Mukhiya and sign the Memorandum of Understanding as follows:
The name and the date of birth (DoB) of three Children are as follows:
- Miss Archana Kumari Mukhiya (DoB -13th August 1996)
- Mister Roshan Kumar Mukhiya (DoB – 5th July 1998)
- Miss Puja Kumari Mukhiya (DoB – 1st June 1999)
The following conditions are agreed by THKA and NAWB:
- The name of the scholarship will be ‘THKA-KRISHNA’ Scholarship.
- ‘THKA- KRISHNA’ Scholarship has been created through THKA’s staff voluntary shared money and it is remitted in the name of THKA. The total amount will be NRs. 720,000 (NRs. Seven Hundred Twenty Thousand only) for a total period of ten years.
- THKA has already remitted NRs. 95,287.30 to the bank account of NAWB. The remaining NRs. 624,712.70 will be remitted by the fall of 2006.
- The above-mentioned amount will only be used for the education / hostel accommodation / food / clothing and other facilities / activities related with education and provided by the educational institutions to those three Children and shall be used exclusively for those three Children only.
- THKA shall remit the above-mentioned amount in a bank account separately opened for this purpose in any reputed bank in Kathmandu. Until such account is opened the amount shall be remitted to the account of NAWB Central Office, which shall be subsequently transferred to such exclusive account along with interests and other proceeds, if any. The account shall be operated by the designated signatories of NAWB as per the conditions of this Memorandum. NAWB manages three Children’s education, hostel accommodation, food, clothing and other facilities as stated in Clause- 4 above through this deposited money and all proceeds arising out of this account, including interest, for the period of ten (10) years, ending end December 2015.
- NAWB makes further necessary arrangements in case three children’s cost for education and other facilities is not sufficient.
- To understand and evaluate three Children’s performance as well as to counsel them, the person in-charge of NAWB or NAWB Bara Branch or any other person from the branch designated by NAWB meets them in the school at least four times a year.
- NAWB submits the financial report to THKA once a year.
- NAWB sends the report based on the three Children’s over all academic performance and health (including their weight and height) to THKA once a year.
- NAWB sends the children’s letters with picture to THKA at the end of December every year.
- In case of necessity to pay monthly expense of more than NRs.6’000 (three Children x NRs. 2,000.00, excluding bank charge) over and above the prescribed monthly budget for three Children for above purpose, NAWB will seek permission of THKA before paying the amount.
- THKA’s support for this ‘THAKA-KRISHNA’ Scholarship will be for Ten (10) years only. If there is a balance in the designated account at the end of ten years period ending December 2015, such balance amount shall be used to help for further education of three Children at the time of such payment.
- If there is a requirement for arrangement not included in this Memorandum NAWB shall discuss with THKA and shall decide appropriately in the interest of the three Children mentioned above.
|On behalf of NAWB
|On behalf of THKA
Jan. 4, 2006
Overseas Program for the Blind