18th May 2011, NAWB conducted its 24th Anniversary and General Assembly at its meeting hall. The chief guest of the program was Dr. Madan Prasad Upadhyay. The General Assembly unanimously elected the new executive committee body for 4 years period as follows:
1. Chair person - Mr. Kumar Thapa
2. Immediate Past President - Rajesh Prasad
3. Vice Chairperson- Mr. Ajaya Ratna Sthapit (Previously he was board member and is from Hotel management)
4. Secretary- Mr.Bibek Kumar Poudel - College teacher (Previously he was joint Secretary)
5. Treasurer - Mr. Chandeswarananda Raj Baidhhya--Previously he was board member (Medicine Producing Company)
6. Joint Secretary- Engineer- Mukunda Dhakal (Previously he had worked in Nepal Rastra Bank and he also ought in the Engineering College)
7. Joint Treasurer-Mr. Gaurishanker Pradhan (he was board member one term before and he works in the Banking area specially
1. Mr. Bhairab Risal (He is in board member from more than 15 years and is journalist).
2. Mr. Deepak Koirala (Low Vision) (He is a teacher and is in NAWB board from more than 12 years).
3. Ms. Neera Adhikari (Blind) (She is currently Government Officer in Ministry of Women Children and Social Welfare).
4. Mrs. Sarala Kayastha (She is from Dharan, Sunsari District. She has worked in Nepal Redcross Society as Board Member and is the chairperson of Purbanchal Gyanchakshu Vidyalaya Dharan. She has searved a lot to this school.)
5. Mr. Dirgha Raj Joshi (He is chairperson of NAWB Kailalee branch. He is also the central executive committee member of Nepal Disabled Association Jorpati)
6. Mrs. Hari Devi Chaudhari (She is from Lahan, and is board member of Siraha branch of NAWB)
7.Mrs. Rumi Prasad Shrivastav (She was board member of NAWB before and is the wife of Dr. Rakesh Prasad Shrivastav)
8. Mr. Pradip Prasad Humagai - He is from Dhulikhel, Kavre. He is in the board of NAWB Kavre Branch
9. Mr. Pawan Ghimire (He was a military man and became blind during conflict. Currently he is chairperson of Blind Cricket).
1. Mr. Rajan Bahadur Raut - He was a chairman of NAWB
2. Dr. Madan Prasad Upadhyay - He was a chairman of NAWB. (He is a regional adviser, disability, Injury prevention and rehabilitation, WHO/SEARO, New Delhi).
3. Professor Ganesh Raj Singh
4. Mr. Gajendra Bahadur Shrestha, (He is a honorary consul general for Sweden, Kathmandu).
5. Dr. Gauri Shanker Lal Das
6. Mr. Gautam Man Shrestha - He was a vice chairman of NAWB. (He is the president of Balaju Yantra Shala Sanitary Engineering Ltd. is the first company to manufacture Solar Water Heater in Nepal.)
Most interesting matter in the General assembly is that NAWB awarded Rs. 111,111.00 to 2 schools (Rs. 55,550.50 Each) of Mugu Distric from the "Dr. Lakshmi Narayan Memorial Award" fund established by NAWB in the name of Dr. Laxmi Narayan Prasad, Founder of NAWB.. One of the school is Shree Primary School, Chaina Gaun, Gamgadi Mugu which is providing integrated education program to 10 blind children and another high school of same district providing education for the deaf and hard of hearing children. There are also 18 deaf students studying in an integrated way. The education program for the blind was mutually started by NAWB (Teacher Training part) and United Mission to Nepal few years back. Later the ministry of Education, department of education started to support to both of school program but the support is very few and still the UMN is directly /indirectly supporting the school .NAWB is also supporting with braille reading materials.