In August 2004, the Nippon NGO Network for Nepal (4N) conference was held in Nepal. The declaration (No. 5) of 4N Kathmandu conference said, "Assist the local NGOs to form Network". With the inspiration of this, the NGOs working with the support of Japanese INGOs thought to be united. Thus, constructed a constitution and registered in Kathmandu District Office with the name of Nepal Japan NGOs Network (NJAN) in January 2006. The NJAN also got affiliation from Social Welfare Council in February 2006.
The vision of the NJAN is " Create an affluent Society based on democratic norms, principles of coexistence and human dignity and the mission is "Efficiently provide umbrella support for effective use and mobilization of resources by the partners through capacity building, sharing management vision, exchange of knowledge and skills".
As per the constitution of Nepal Japan NGOs Network (NJAN), there is a provision of General Meeting with in 6 months of the registration of the NGO. During the same time it has to be election of the NJAN Board. So, on 2nd of August 2006, NJAN organized First Nepal Japan NGOs Network Annual General meeting and a workshop cum seminar program on the auspicious.
Occasion of Golden Jubilee Celebration of NEPAL JAPAN DIPLOMATIC TIES.
In the Inaugural session of Nepal Japan NGOs Network (NJAN). Mr. Bishnu Gopal Shrestha, President, Coordinating Council for Golden Jubilee Celebration of Nepal - Japan Diplomatic Relation, was invited as the chief Guest In the same way, on behalf of Japanese Embassy, Mr. Udaya Bajracharya was present in the program. All of them highlighted on good relation between Japan and Nepal.
During the General Meeting two papers were presented under the NGOs strengthening program:
After this breakthrough, I went to Los Angeles on 22nd of March to participate the CSUN conference and stayed there for three & half days.
- Role of Japan in the Educational Development of Nepal by Dr. Suresh Das Shrestha, Osaka International Club - Nepal Chapter.
- Disability as crosscutting issue by Hom Nath Aryaln, Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind
The General Assembly also elected the following executive members for the period of 3 years.
- Chairman: Mr. Krishna Prasad Bhattarai, Director, under the mission of continued Empowerment of NGOs. Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre, Banepa, Kavre.
- Vice President: Dr. Suresh Das Shrestha, Vice chairman, Osaka International Club - Nepal Chapter, (Children Library) Lazimpat, Kathmandu.
- General Secretary: Mr. Pradip Shrestha, Director, Educational and social Development Centre, Nepal, Naxal, Kathamnedu.
- Secretary: Mr. Lalan Kumar Tiwari, Chairman, Youth Rural Development Committee, Mahottari District.
- Treasurer: Ms Prativa Rijal, Chairman, Lalupate Nepal, Balaju, Kathmandu.
- Member: Gobinda Khanal, Chairman, Disable Welfare Association, Gajuri, Dhading.
- Member: Laxmi Prasad Ghimire, Central Executive Member, Nepal Pollution Control and Environment Mnagement Centre, Ekantakuna, Lalitpur.
- Member: Hom Nath Aryal, Senior Program Officer, Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind, Tripureshwore, Kathmandu.
All together the representative of 16 organizations (NGOs) from different corner of Nepal had participated the General Assembly.