Pashupati Secondary School, Lahan, Siraha District lies in the Eastern Development Region, Sagarmatha Zone. It has plain area. The main occupation of the people of Siraha is agriculture. The school compound is 150 m from the East- West Mahendra High way.
A Priest named Brahmachari Damodarananda established Pashupati Secondary School in 1948. When the priest sat for hunger strike demanding to establish a school, Mr. Padma Narayan Chaudhari, a landlord donated some land and also supported to construct a hut having the roof of mud tile. The name of the school was appropriately chosen Pashupati as in the name of Pashupati more and more support could be collected. First of all five students were given admission. The teaching learning activities went on and in 1954 one student graduated the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) from the school.
During the visit of then Minister for Education Mr. Mrigendra Samser Janga Bahadur Rana paid a visit to the school, the Education Enthusiasts approached for the support to construct the school building and hostel. Minister for Education on behalf of Nepal Government, helped Rs. 25,000.00 for the construction of the Hostel. The school was in full swing in providing the education. However, in 1988, the big building of the school collapsed due to the earthquake. Christoffel Blindenmission (CBM), German INGO was working in Lahan, Siraha District establishing Eye Hospital. With the recommendation of the representative of CBM working in Eye Hospital, CBM donated NRs. 700,000.00 to construct the school Building. In the same time during the visit of Late King Birendra in the earthquake area, a donation of Rs. 100,000.00 for the reconstruction of the building was given. The local people, District Development Committee and Municipality also supported financially to reconstruct the building. The recent building has 26 rooms. Currently there are 1600 students studying. Among them 40% students are girls. It is the richest and biggest school in Siraha District. Due to its qualitative education and dedication towards the education, Ministry of Education and Sports has named Pashupati IDEAL School in Janakpur zone. There is a nice boundary wall around the school area. There is a hostel building in the premises of the school, which can accommodate 25 blind students.
In 1986, an integrated education program for the Blind and Visually Impaired was initiated with the support of Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind (NAWB) and CBM, Germany. Recently, there are 15 Blind and Visually Impaired students studying with hostel facility. Among them the support for 10 students is from Tokyo Helen Keller Association (THKA), Japan. Rest of 5 students is supported by CBM. There are 38 teaching staff and 7 none teaching staff. The teaching staff includes 2 resource teachers for the Blind and Visually Impaired students. Most of the income of the school comes from the subsidy from Ministry of Education and Sports through District Education Office. The admission fee and nominal monthly fee received from the students is also the source of income of the school. In the same time, the amount received from THKA and CBM through NAWB for the residential study of the blind and Visually Impaired students is also the income of the school. Finally, thank goes to THKA and Japanese people for the support for the education of the blind and Visually Impaired students and hope the support will be continuing in the days to come.